So, back in April I ran in Muffy's Run, a charity 5-mile race put together by my buddy Chris Husband in memory of his sister Muffy and for a great cause. So check it out - I lost to some formidable characters, as you can see below (extra props to Grosey for finishing so strong after carrying me for the first 2.5 miles). Most interesting, though, is my overall finish. Random? Not hardly!
13. DAVE GROSE, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 38 0:39:27 O'All: 20
18. DAVID LINSMAYER, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 38 0:44:02 O'All: 29
22. DOUGLAS LLEWELLYN, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 34 0:45:02 O'All: 34
24. NEIL MUNRO, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 36 0:46:06 O'All: 37
28. BRETT JOHNSON, VENICE, CA 36 0:48:00 O'All: 42
29. JOSH MC HUGH, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 36 0:48:00 O'All: 43
Link: On Your Mark Events.
The nailbiting scene at the finish line (photo)
That's Brett Johnson on the right - I let him win so I could come in 43rd.
Note the beagle, apparently not worried about the speed of the creatures approaching him. (Thanks to Bruce Taylor for digging up the photo!)
Technorati Tags: sport